The overdrive only worked when it felt like it. Fixed by replacing the switch.
It burnt oil at a great rate due to breather routing by the previous owner. Fixed.
It dumped it's oil all over the engine bay due to a leak in the oil cooler hose caused by it rubbing on the steering column UJ. It was badly routed when I bought the car and I didn't spot it when checking things out. This was the only fault that needed a recovery truck.
A short in some of the previous owners creative wiring burnt out and took out the column switch. Replaced the switch.
These all happened in the first few months of ownership. Since then I've replaced the propshaft UJs, replaced the rubber bushes on the fan mounting, replaced a faulty alternator regulator, replaced a worn rear spring bush, fixed a faulty fuel pump and refurbed the brake master cylinder.
I've had a couple of welding jobs done, an occupational hazard of all year driving in the UK. Apart from service items I haven't done any more to it mechanically.
Not too shabby for nearly two & a half years of driving a well used 41 year old car.