Towards the end of last season the old girl was retired with a broken crankshaft and over the winter was treated to a new steel billet crank. My credit card is still recovering.
While it was laid up I checked a few things over and ended up replacing a rear wheel bearing, and fitting relined brake shoes all round.
As the charging system has been hit & miss for some time now I decided to go modern and fit an alternator. Dead easy, I thought, just two wires. It wasn't and it took a lot of messing about to get it right, but it's sorted now.
Today we took a 30 mile shakedown run with a coffee stop on the way. I found out that the horn has stopped working. Just another job to do, but apart from that the car ran well.