While the BGT is sat waiting for the welder to work his magic (I wish he'd get on with it) I managed to get some work done on old Numbum.
Found and fixed a pinhole leak on the cooling system, adjusted the brakes, cleaned the plugs and points and checked the carburetors. It now fires up and runs sweetly.
Last year I bought some heated seat pads and I finally got round to doing something with them. I wired two relays through a switch from an ignition controlled source so I can't leave them on. The passenger seat pad is fitted and wired up to the relay. Just the drivers to do now, but it's gone quite cold again so that will have to wait.