In this case we found a headlight out that we were sure was working when we bought the car. An easy but fairly fiddly fix. There isn't much room in there.
The SRS light was lit on the dashboard. Research suggested that it could be electrical connections under the seats. I wiggled them about a bit but it made no difference. As my hands were cold I didn't fancy messing with wiring in confined spaces, so I left it for another day. We went out for a drive later in the day and the light went off after my wife had adjusted her seat. A good indication of where the trouble lies. This could be a LID job. (Let it develop)
The rear seat wasn't sitting right so I decided to investigate. As I lifted the edges so see how it went in I noticed quite a bit of rubbish underneath, so out came the seat base. This had obviously been a family car with evidence of ankle biters occupying the rear. Sweet wrappers by the score and a half eaten Twix. The only bonus was the 77p I found.
Once I'd cleaned that up it was back in with the seat base. Not a bad job but I've done easier ones.
The last job for the day was to do something about the broken hinge pins on the inner tailgate cover so we could have it going up when the tailgate was opened. A bit of creative thinking with some silicone and some small diameter tubing has it working as it should. For how long is a different question.
There will no doubt be more to do as we use it but hopefully it will only be minor stuff. Up to now, I'm impressed considering we only paid a banger price for this car.