I decided they had to be tackled and got stuck in. The horn was an easy one. The car has an aftermarket steering wheel and because there is no horn push, a previous owner had fitted a spring loaded flick switch for the horns. Investigation revealed that one of the connections was loose and had dropped off. Easy fix.
As I was already working under the dash I decided to look at the overdrive switch. I always check the easy things first. Testing showed that the switch was only switching about four out of ten attempts. A replacement switch fitted and all was good there.
Next, the tachometer. As I put my hand up under the dash to find the securing nuts, I felt a wire move. Yes, another loose connection. I couldn't believe my luck.
I'm quite enjoying using the GT every day and what was originally planned as a temporary solution whilst the Audi is being sorted, may well become permanent.