The BGT has had a vibration for a short while now, which I've identified as universal joints in the propshaft. I got the front four bolts out but the rear four are proving reluctant (understatement of the year) to get out. The car is up on axle stands and I think it's time to attack the nuts with an angle grinder. One way or another the shaft is coming out this weekend.
The TA came back from last weekends Cobweb Run running a bit rough and lacking power. I spent about an hour going through the ignition system and timing with no benefit. I've found the problem this morning and I need to kick myself. I've preached for years that if you do something to a car and it gives trouble after, then the first place to look is whatever you last fiddled with.
In this case I'd decided before the Cobweb Run to try to drop the tickover a bit as it races when warm. I'd fiddled with the carb linkages to try to correct the problem, tested the car and all seemed well. This morning I had a look at the carbs and found that the linkage between the carb throttles was loose and the rear throttle was opening and the front one was still on tickover.
Thankfully an easy fix but I still feel an idiot for not looking there first. DOH!